1.5.08

Anamorphic Elk

hello, here is a little test I have been working on over the last couple of days.
It was an idea I had a while ago for my Sound & Image unit but managed to tackle it only really in the last 2 days. It is drawn anamorphically, to give the illusion of 3 dimensionality whilst still being a 2d drawn on paper low tech kind of animation.
Whilst I was doing it I did wonder though- why am I animating a loop, only to then trace it, cut it out, shine a light through the cut out, draw around the shadow and then colour it in with chalk, using the viewfinder of my camera to make sure it was correct, when it could all have been done in about 3 minutes in After Effects?
I think the reason is my absurd romantic affection for all things luddite. That, and I am rubbish at anything vaguely technical...



All that's left now is to reshoot (the ink pot moves around as do a couple of other things I nudged whilst animating) and to do the beginning and end sequence.
Hopefully should be short and sweet!
I'm off to have a bath now. Night night.

No comments:

Post a Comment